Phase 3 - QPEC - Effective March 21.22
Effective March 21, 2022 – Phase 3 of NS Government Reopening Plan
Phase 3 represents the phase of personal choice. We need to respect that this will look different for each person and we need to be supportive, respectful and understanding of the personal choices others make as we all adjust.
- Masks will no longer be required, but wearing one in indoor public places is still recommended.
- Physical distancing will no longer be required between individuals and groups, although distancing is still recommended.
Facility Washrooms, Change Rooms & Showers
- Washrooms, change rooms & showers will be available at full capacity.
- Fitness Center change rooms are for members/users.
- Cleaning remains a high priority. High touch surfaces and areas will continue to be cleaned by staff on a regular basis. Disinfectant spray, wipes and hand sanitizer will continue to be available throughout the facility. As you enter, please continue to use the provided hand sanitizer.
Spectator, Gathering & Capacity Limits
- There will be no spectator, gathering or capacity limits.
- Special events including festivals, sports, performances, meetings, and trainings can resume in full.
Dressing Room Access
- Dressing rooms will continue to be cleaned between each user group.
- Access to dressing rooms will be available based on the time required for cleaning between each user group.
Off Ice Training/Team Warm Ups
- Location for off ice training/warm ups will depend on other facility usage.
- The indoor track is not available for team warm-ups during open operational hours.
- Soccer balls are not permitted in the facility.
- Users will continue with current cleaning protocols, including; use of a disinfectant spray bottle & cloths.
- Swipe cards will be re-implemented for fitness centre members. If you do not have a swipe card or your swipe card is not working (ie. flashes red when you try to enter), please sign in on the sign in sheet and then stop at the customer service desk and we will re-activate and/or provide a card if you don’t already have one. If your membership type does not provide a swipe card, the sign-in procedure at the desk/table would be used.
- Spacing of fitness centre equipment will remain for the time being.
- The Fitness Centre will continue to be fogged each night and staff will continue to clean high touch surfaces, equipment and machines frequently throughout the day in addition to users following the required cleaning procedures.
Group Fitness Classes
- Group fitness class maximums will be determined based on the amount of space required for each participant within the available space in the Studio.
- Group fitness class participants can arrive15 minutes prior to class start time and sign in at the customer service desk before going to the Studio.
- Staff will continue to clean equipment between uses.
- The indoor track is pay per use. Sign in/out and payment for the indoor track will remain unchanged.
- Participants will sign in/out upon arrival/exit at the table located in the lobby.
- All rental space capacities will return to normal and are based on the requirements of the rental and the space available within each room.
Continued Public Health Guidance
- Stay home if you are feeling unwell.
- Self-isolate as directed by Public Health advice.
- Wash and sanitize hands frequently.
- Clean high-touch surfaces.
- Use rapid tests to help protect those at increased risk of severe disease.
Updated Hours of Operation
Facility hours are returning to normal!
Schedule is subject to change depending on event and promotion activity as well holidays.
Special note weekday Fitness Centre hours are Mon-Fri 6AM-9PM. Track may be accessed weekdays 6AM.
Ice Usage Applications General & Birthday Party Packages
Please find attached: Ice Usage Application 2022 General and for Birthday Party Packages.
Hosting Information for Event Managers
The Region of Queens has taken a leadership role in regards to municipal major event attraction and execution, guided by the recent adoption of the Queens Event Strategy supporting the Vision that "Liverpool is a prime hosting destination in Nova Scotia."
The strategy promotes the use of selected municipal facilties as event venues. Queens Place Emera Centre, owned and operated by the Region of Queens is key to this initiative.
To support the promotion of Queens Place Emera Centre as a desired and leading hosting venue, a document Facility Hosting/Spec Information for Event Managers has been created to provide the necessary introductory information to assist prospective facility renters, event rights holders and community organizations bidding on major events.