Effective December 22, 2021 @ 6:00am – January 31, 2022
According to the NS Government, in light of recent COVID-19 outbreaks and the threat of the new Omicron variant, physical distance and gathering limits are returning to help protect Nova Scotians and the health system over the next few weeks. Mask requirements are also being tightened.
Note: The updated restrictions below replace the list released last week and are effective at 6:00am on Wednesday, December 22. According to the NS Government, they will be in place until at least January 12, 2022 and will be re-evaluated at that time. The current restrictions have been extended by the NS Government until January 31, 2022.
Nova Scotia Government Proof of Full Vaccination Policy
- A vaccination screening kiosk is located immediately inside the main lobby doors.
- You need to provide proof of full vaccination to enter Queens Place Emera Centre. Proof is not required for children under 12 years of age (they can attend activities and events with a fully vaccinated adult). People are considered fully vaccinated 14 days after their second/final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine. Youth grace periods and exemptions will be followed as outlined by the Nova Scotia Government Proof of Full Vaccination.
- Upon entry into the lobby, you are required to show proof of full vaccination by way of a government-issued COVID-19 vaccination receipt. If your vaccination record has a QR code, it must be scanned. In addition, you must also provide a valid government issued identification that matches your proof of full vaccination record.
Entrance to the Facility
- Public entrance to the facility will be through the parking lot side lobby entrance.
- Apart from the ‘Field of Play’ (Ice Surface, Fitness Centre, Fitness Studio, Indoor Track), masks remain mandatory at all times. Masks are mandatory in all indoor spaces, spectator stands, lobby, hallways, meeting rooms, rental spaces, washrooms, change rooms and dressing rooms.
- Individuals, businesses and organizations all have responsibility for ensuring mask requirements are followed.
- Physical distancing of two metres (six feet) is required within the facility.
Facility Washrooms, Change Rooms & Showers
- Washrooms, change rooms & showers will be available at limited capacity to promote physical distancing.
- Fitness Center change rooms are for members/users.
- Maximum occupancy limits are posted.
- Cleaning remains a high priority. High touch surfaces and areas will continue to be cleaned by staff on a regular basis. Disinfectant spray, wipes and hand sanitizer will continue to be available throughout the facility. As you enter, use the provided hand sanitizer.
Arena Participant Limits
- Organized sport:
- Option 1: One group of 10
- Option 2: Two groups of 10
- Applies to sports practices and training; physical distancing is not required; spectators are not permitted.
- Groups of 10 include coaches, instructors, players/skaters, team/club reps, etc.
- Groups of 10 would need to ensure that the groups (including coaches and instructors) are completely separated from the time they arrive at the facility until the time they leave. Players/Skaters/Coaches could not switch groups during the practice or training.
- Groups of 10 would be requested at time of rental and facility protocol would be communicated at that time.
- Non-organized sport (ie. private rentals, birthday parties, etc.): 10 group size maximum
- Physical distancing is not required; spectators are not permitted. Group comprised of a consistent social group.
- Games, competitions and tournaments are not permitted.
Arena Spectator Limits
- Spectators are not permitted during the current restrictions.
- Gathering limits for meetings and training will be different depending on the space being used and the set-up requirements; when the rental is with a recognized business or organization.
- Contact the facility at 902-354-4422 for more information on space gathering limits based on your rental requirements.
- Masks are required to be worn and social distancing is required during training, meetings.
Fitness Centre maximum: 20 users
- Users will continue with current cleaning protocols, including; use of a disinfectant spray bottle & cloths.
- In order to adhere to gathering limit maximums, fitness centre users will sign in and out on the sign-in sheet upon arrival and exit and will highlight their name when they leave. When the 20 user limit has been reached, no further access will be available until someone vacates the area.
- Hands free bottle filler is available for fitness centre users.
- Space gathering limits in certain areas of the fitness centre will be posted to ensure physical distancing is available. Please be respectful and mindful of others who are waiting to use areas of the fitness centre with space gathering limits.
- Physical distancing is required between users.
- Masks are required in the fitness centre; including hallways, change rooms, while moving between equipment/machines/free weight areas, resting between sets and while not actively working out.
- The Fitness Centre will continue to be fogged each night and staff will continue to clean high touch surfaces, equipment and machines frequently throughout the day in addition to users following the required cleaning procedures.
Group Fitness Classes
- Group fitness class maximums will be based on the ability to physically distance during the class and will therefore be different for each class. All class participants will be required to maintain physical distancing of 6ft from other participants and the instructor during class.
- Class sign-up and sign-in procedures remain unchanged. See current group fitness class schedule for more details.
- Class participants are asked to arrive for class a maximum of 10 minutes prior to class start time. Once participants sign-in at the customer service desk, they may proceed to the fitness centre change rooms and then immediately to the Studio.
- Masks are required to be worn by group fitness class participants and instructors until they are settled in their space in the Studio and until immediately before class begins. Masks would be replaced immediately once class is complete before leaving their assigned space.
- Staff will continue to clean equipment between uses.
- Indoor track maximum: 25 users
- Sign in/out for the indoor track will remain unchanged. Participants will sign in/out upon arrival/exit at the table located in the lobby.
- Masks are strongly recommended at all times while on the track. When physical distancing can not be maintained, masks must be worn.
- Arena seating will be off limits. Chairs will be placed 6 ft apart along the perimeter of the indoor track for those who require them.
- The indoor track is pay per use. Sign in/out and payment is completed in the lobby.
- Lobby furniture will remain, but will be limited and spaced to promote physical distancing.
- The lobby is not a gathering space within the facility.
- The lobby has been the space designated for eating and drinking in our facility. Please leave the lobby seating for those who are eating/drinking at concessions.
Public, Parent & Tot and Adult Skates
- We will be pausing all public programming based on the current restrictions.
- Food establishments can operate at 50% capacity with physical distance between tables.
- 10 people maximum at one table.
- Wearing a mask is required (except when you're seated while eating or drinking).